Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mmm, Soy


Caleb is 4 months old! Here's what's new: (to understand the title of this post, just read on)


  • He weighs 15 pounds and 9 ounces, and he is 25 inches long (I have his growth tracking charts, but they don't include percentages so I don't have a clue what percentile he's in)

  • He has lost the majority of his hair, but it's not completely gone, which is good!

  • He LOVES his puppy toy that hangs above his changing table.

  • He grasps things and is starting to find his toes.

  • If he doesn't have a pacifier, he's chewing/sucking on 2 of his fingers or sometimes his thumb.

  • He is teasing us with this rolling over business. He can roll onto his side from his back and then he just stops. He hasn't rolled all the way over yet. And he could probably roll from tummy to back if we had more tummy time like we should! :-{

  • His congestion has improved a good deal since a month ago. We're all breathing easier now! Haha!

  • He has a bad case of cradle cap (rash/dry skin on scalp) and a really bad case of eczema. Here's the scoop on that: The doctor said that most of the time when eczema is as bad as Caleb's, it's an allergic reaction to something. Since Caleb has not yet started eating solids yet, I'm his only source of food, which means that it's possibly something that I'm eating that's he's having a reaction to. So in order to figure out what it could be, we have to do trial and error. First thing--milk. The doctor said that milk is the most common baby allergy. So I have to switch to soy milk and skip all milk products for a little while and see if his rash improves. If you know me at all, you know that this is not good news. My daughter gets her love of cheese honestly. I don't know what I'm going to do without cheese and milk and butter!!
Caleb is a wonderful little baby, happy and laughing. Hopefully we can figure out what's causing his eczema soon, and not just for my sake! ;o)

No comments: