Monday, September 29, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
- He is eating cereal and peas now. He seems to like it. Laura Anne loves to help me. See some pictures she took on her blog: click on "Laura Anne's blog" at the right.
- He can sit up...kind of! He can hover by himself for a few seconds, but still topples over a lot. It won't be long before he's sitting without support though.
- His eczema is a constant battle, but we're doing our best to keep him comfortable. I'm on my non-dairy, no eggs diet, and our goal is to wean him to a bottle with Alimentum formula eventually. (Alimentum is a special formula made for babies with food allergies.)
- He did finally take a bottle again last week. He has accepted almost one a day since then, so that's great news. When he gets more accustomed to it, we'll replace my milk with the formula.
- He isn't so lazy about rolling over now. He can roll pretty much across the room if we don't watch him. He just keeps going and going!
- He slept for 7 straight hours one night this past week! It's not the norm, but he's doing better.
- He's now trying to scoot across the floor when he's on his tummy. He picks up his tummy and tries to bring his knees up. He's not really getting anywhere yet, but I'm sure it won't take him long to figure it out!
Monday, September 22, 2008
My sister-in-law introduced me to this blog and it's really cool. It's called Make and Takes and this lady is full of ideas for crafts and fun things. If ever you are bored, check out her blog to find something fun to do. There's no shortage!
I'm a big fan of sign language. It has always intrigued me and we taught several signs to Laura Anne when she was a baby. Once she started talking, the signs unintentionally took a backseat. But now that Caleb is here, I'm excited to start teaching him and re-teaching Laura Anne so she can help teach Caleb. I have read (specifically in Baby Signing 1-2-3 by Nancy Cadjan) about the benefits of teaching babies sign language, and am now convinced that Laura Anne talks so well because we taught her how to communicate through signs early in her life. She's a super fast learner and has learned several new signs just within the last couple weeks. Well, a couple Saturdays ago, we discovered a show on PBS called Signing Time and it is so neat. All of us enjoy watching it together. The lady who teaches it also sings, so she'll teach a handful of signs and then sing a song using all the signs. It's really fun, and Laura Anne enjoys making the signs. Check it out! And if you want to buy the videos, do yourself a favor and check Ebay for them as opposed to buying them from the website. They're MUCH cheaper! I'm hoping to be able to buy some in the near future.
I know I have put a lot of links in this post, but I think it's useful and fun information. I hope this is helpful for some of you! And now, I'll leave you with a cute picture! :D
Okay, two pictures!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
He's not so sure about this:
Mom, seriously. Do you think I'm going to eat that stuff?
Turns out, that stuff isn't so bad after all!
Friday, September 12, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008