Monday, August 31, 2009

School Days, School Days

Laura Anne, as I have mentioned before, loves to do "schoolwork". She's right in the thick of learning how to draw numbers and letters. We have to work on neatness, but she's doing really well. And, believe it or not, I think we're starting to see that she favors writing with her right hand!! Up until now, I honestly couldn't tell you whether she's left-handed or right-handed. She constantly switches back and forth.
Just look here. Left hand:

Left hand:
Right hand:
I love that last picture. She has her little audience watching her. So what does Caleb do while Laura Anne is hard at work? Well, he does some coloring:
And when he drops his crayons, he ever-so-cutely squats to pick them up, not forgetting to give me a cheesy grin!
And if he's sitting in his high chair having a snack, well, he likes to unroll the entire roll of paper towels. After doing this several times over the last month, you'd think I'd either move him, or the paper towels so I don't have to continuosly re-roll the towels.
But then, I wouldn't have this cute picture opportunity.
Sigh.



1 comment:

TwinMint said...

Super cute pics! I think it's great that you're working on writing with her now. I see other moms just starting it with older kids and it makes me sad. I really think more kids could do these things earlier if their parents had thought to try.