Sunday, October 14, 2007

One Down....

I have a small list of things that need to be accomplished before the baby is born. Two of the most major things to me are 1. Getting Laura Anne to sleep in her toddler bed and 2. For her to be fully potty trained.
I was getting really discouraged this week because, for whatever reason, Laura Anne started waking up in the middle of the night and wouldn't go back to sleep; in her crib, that is. Friday night was the worst. We were all awake from about 3:30 AM to at least 5:30 AM. It ended up with me and Laura Anne on the floor in her room. And she slept there until about 7:30-8:00-ish.
While I was at work last night, Chris called me shortly after Laura Anne's bedtime and said she was screaming and wouldn't go to sleep. I told him she just needs to learn that bedtime means just that. I found out later that he let her cry for another 15 minutes before going in there to lay her back down. He asked her if she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed and she said yes. So he laid her down and was out of the room (with her asleep) in 2 minutes!! I couldn't believe it! If she keeps this up, we can take down the crib some time this week and put it away until the baby comes!! Woo-hoo!
One down, one to go!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

How old is Laura Ann now?

Brianna said...

She's almost 22 months. She'll be 2 on Dec. 21.

Michelle said...

A note of encouragement...Don't get discouraged if she's not fully potty trained by the time the baby gets here. My friend's little girl is 27 months and she's just now really starting to get the hang of it(and my friend and I had our babies at the same time, so Laura Ann and your 2nd little one will be close in age to them)...and, unfortunately, there will be some regression of some sort when the baby first gets here (James JUST started returning to normal after almost 2 months). You can be EXTREMELY encouraged that girls potty train better than boys...this is so true b/c James is 28 months and he's NO WHERE close...I wish he was!!