Sunday, February 15, 2009

How Quickly Things Can Change!

Where do I begin?? So, originally our plan was to move, like, the week before Caleb's first birthday. That changed this past week. Chris was laid off from his job, which we knew was going to happen, but we thought it wouldn't be until the end of February. He was told at the beginning of the year that his company was going to cut back hours and/or lay off some people, but not until later. So, anyway, we expected this, it's just a little sooner than anticipated.

So when Chris got home from work Tuesday and told me he was laid off, we started discussing our options. We came to the conclusion that it didn't make much sense to get a job here for one month. Two factors are making it possible for us to move now: we have living arrangements in Florida, and we're getting our tax return back this coming week--a good one, thanks to Caleb. :o) So, we are scheduled to head out Wednesday the 25th. Yes, that's a week and a half! As you can imagine, we are busy as can be, trying to get everything packed up and still be able to live here for the next week.

In other news, we took Caleb to see the dermatologist again this week for a follow-up appointment. While we were there, they weighed him. He weighs 17 pounds, 6 ounces--that's exactly one pound less than last week and a total of 2 pounds less from what he weighed in December. Needless to say, that's worries me a little. The doctor we saw recommended that we take him to his pediatrician to figure it out. Thankfully, we were able to schedule an appointment for two hours later. After taking a blood test, they discovered that Caleb has anemia. Like we needed another ailment, right? :o) This one is easy to fix, though. He is on an iron supplement now and he'll go for a check up right before we leave town, so they can test his blood again.

Last Monday, we took the kids to the park to feed the ducks and geese. This time, some seagulls joined us. We got some neat shots of them and we all had fun. After that, we went home and had a picnic dinner on the living room floor. It was super fun, and Laura Anne was in a silly mood. She tackled me after we were done eating and we had a tickle fight. It was so fun.

Here are some pictures from the park.

No comments: