Saturday, January 15, 2011

2010 In Review

Yes, I steal people's ideas. My creativity only goes so far. :) (Thanks Jackie!) So, following is a brief rundown of the events from each month last year. It's kinda cool to see what all we've survived experienced together and to see where we are now. I wish I would have done this for previous years because we sure have gone through a lot. Maybe I will at some other time.

*I started the year only 11 weeks pregnant.

*Chris had started his job in St. Petersburg already, but the kids and I were still living in central Florida.

*We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time.

*Felt the baby move for the first time at 14 weeks.

*We moved to an apartment in the Tampa Bay area on January 30th.

*Laura Anne upgraded to a twin bed

* We toured the birth center and 2 weeks later, had my first appointment

*Chris felt the baby move.

*One year since we moved from North Carolina!

*20 weeks pregnant and we had our first ultrasound!

*The kids and I visited my family in Jacksonville but we all had the stomach bug while we were there. :(

*We saw the Blue Angels fly at the air show.

*Caleb turned 2!

*The kids visited with both sets of grandparents for a week and they got to go to the fair, while Mommy and Daddy had some quiet time and a few dates. :)

*We all went to our first professional baseball game! So much fun!

*We bought our new family vehicle: a Toyota Sienna!

*Chris and I celebrated our 7th anniversary.

*We visited Jerry and Ellen in North Carolina

*We discovered how beautiful the beaches are here; and the sunsets!!

*Due to a pest problem at our apartment, we had to find a new place to live. :/

*3D ultrasound!

*Baby had been in a breech position from (at least) 32 weeks to 34 weeks. But doing some tricky maneuvers, I coaxed him to flip and it worked! At 35 weeks, baby was head down. :)

*Second weekend in July, just a few days before my 38th week of pregnancy, we moved in to our new new apartment with the help of friends and family.

*And of course, Baby Stellan arrived on his due date, July 26th, at 10:13 PM. He was our biggest baby yet, weighing 9 lbs 3 oz.

*We had Chanda, a local professional photographer I met through the birth center, present for the birth. She did a fantastic job capturing it and we will cherish the photos forever. (I would post some here, but the copies I have don't have her watermark and I wouldn't want to get in trouble. But she does have some on her website! Go HERE to see!) :D

*We had a photo shoot at home with Chanda for newborn pictures. She has some of those on her website too. Click HERE to see if you can spot Stellan. (Hint: at the time I posted this, he was pictures 3, 10 and 15)

*When my Mom went home after visiting us, she took the 2 big kids with her so I could have a little more time to recover and get to know Stellan. :)

*I had a "surprise" baby shower in Jax.

*Caleb quit using his plug! (Thanks for the help, Mom!)

*On the 24th, the kids weighed in at 42 lbs, 29 lbs and 11 lbs 14 oz.

*Chris turned 31.

*I started running again.

*Another Rays baseball game

*My sis-in-law, Jennifer, came to visit with her 2 boys for a few days.

*Chris and I started attending Dave Ramsay's Financial Peace University at church.

*Caleb used the potty for the first time, but we are definitely not in full potty-training mode yet.

*Adding to our other little homeschool activities, I started teaching Laura Anne how to read.

*Visit to Jax for our annual pumpkin patch visit.

*Discovered Stellan is ticklish on his feet because he laughed when I put his socks on. :)

*Halloween festival at the Y with a friend, then trunk or treat at church.

*Stellan blows raspberries. (I document this because our other 2 didn't really do this and it's super adorable!)

*I got sick right before Thanksgiving and couldn't run the Thanksgiving day race with my Mom and brother. :(

*At Stellan's 4 month appointment he weighed 17.5 lbs and we discovered he had a sinus infection. He was prescribed an antibiotic which he reacted to with diarrhea which caused a severe diaper rash resulting in a prescription for that. Whew! That couple of weeks was no fun!

*Caleb started sleeping in his big boy fire engine bed!

*We hosted our first sleepover with 2 of Laura Anne's friends.

*Me, Chris and Stellan had an almost free day at Busch Gardens

*Laura Anne turned 5, had a sleepover party, but got sick during it.

*We spent Christmas Eve and part of Christmas day with Chris' family.

*We stayed in Jax for the following week (except Chris), but first Caleb got sick, then Stellan got sick. All while Chris was sick at home. I got it the day we went home. (New Years' Day)

And that was 2010 for us!! Here's hoping 2011 doesn't have quite as much sickness or moving...or babies! Ha!

No comments: