Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Smoky Mountain Thanksgiving

I put together a slideshow of pictures from our trip to Tennessee for Thanksgiving. We all had a great time! Despite the traffic right in the middle of the mountains with a baby that didn't want to be in his car seat, the drive west was pretty uneventful. We had a crowd of 17 people, 4 dogs and 2 cats for Thanksgiving dinner!

Friday morning we all went to a quaint little restaurant for breakfast. A few of us ordered a short stack of pancakes, which was 2 pancakes. We were in for a surprise! The waitress brought out a stack of two pancakes, but they were about the size of a pizza box!! HUGE!! It was so funny. I didn't get any pictures with my camera, but my mom got some, so I'll see if I can snitch a couple.

Friday night, most of us went to the Apple Barn in Pigeon Forge. LOVE that place! I only wish we could've stayed for dinner and some apple fritters! Mmm! But I brought home some apple butter and Chris bought me some recipe cards, one of which is the recipe for apple fritters! Yay!

Saturday, most of my family went home, but my brother, Brandon and his wife Alana and their twin boys stayed. So our two families spent the first part of the day at the Deer Farm petting zoo! The kids had lots of fun feeding goats, camels, donkeys, horses, and deer.
After that, we had lunch at Chick-fil-A and drove in the heavy traffic to The Christmas Place in Pigeon Forge. It was so crowded, I didn't have the patience to maneuver our double stroller through it. So we went back to my aunt's house for an evening of playing video games!

Sunday, we drove home and thankfully didn't have any traffic issues. That's my story so now I'll share the slideshow!

No comments: