Friday, April 3, 2009

Caleb Update

Just a quick update: Wednesday I took Caleb to a different pediatrician. He weighed 17 pounds 9 ounces---still not gaining weight. The doctor was not real thrilled with Caleb's condition. He's definitely anemic and he has bronchitis. There are a few tests the doctor wanted to run some tests. Two of them were blood tests so I had to take Caleb to a lab to get blood drawn. We tried Thursday and the two ladies who were working there could not even find a vein in Caleb's arms. They poked him once and absolutely nothing came out. Then they spent about 15 minutes just trying to locate a vein. When they couldn't find one they recommended that I go to a different location that handles babies more often. Of course they were already closed for the day, so I had to wait until this morning. Thankfully, they were able to get blood out of his wrist, since he still had no visible veins in his arms. So blood is taken and we wait now for the results. Pray with me!

In other news, Caleb had a good day today. He was pretty happy, even smiling and playing peekaboo with his Grammy! It did good for my heart to see him that way.

Also, we have an appointment scheduled later this month with the Early Steps program that helps children with developmental delays. And it's FREE!! I like that word!

1 comment:

Jessatsea said...

many prayers go out to you and your family. I saw your comments on mckmama's forum.

I hope your son is feeling better soon and back to his happy normal self.