Monday, June 1, 2009

The Best Birthday Present!

*UPDATED*
This morning (Tuesday) Caleb was laying on the floor. He rolled over, sat up and then began to crawl! I can't believe the progress he's making!! It's so exciting!

ORIGINAL POST:

He did it!!! Caleb took his first crawling steps without help yesterday!! We are so excited! I thought this day would never come. I'm still trying to get it documented. He likes to do it when the camera isn't around. ;o) Also, he pulled himself up to stand this morning! He's getting so strong and it's the most wonderful thing ever!!

Chris and I went to Orlando for the weekend. Well, Thursday night to Saturday night. Saturday was my birthday. The original plan was to take advantage of the Disney deal so I could get into a park for free, but we ended up not doing that and just walking around, swimming and relaxing. We had a great time and I'll post pictures from our trip soon. The kiddos stayed with grandparents. It was so nice to get away for a little bit!

Just a few minutes ago the following conversation took place between Laura Anne and me:

L: Mommy, I missed you while you were on a date.
Me: I missed you too.
L: I cried four times. For Grammy.
Me: You did? Why did you do that?
L: Because I mis-did you.
Me: Oh, I missed you too.
L: But you're back now.
Me: Yes, I am.

Then she flung her arms around my neck and gave me a great big hug. Ah, motherhood. :o)

Oh yeah, Caleb can CRAWL!!!! Whoopee!

No comments: