Saturday, February 27, 2010

Taking A Break

I can't remember if I mentioned on the blog about the 40-day devotion I participated in with our church back in October and November. Well, it was a great experience and I'm happy to say that they are doing it again. This time it's called 40 Days of Passion; Finding Your Identity in the Reflection of the Cross. Even though we have relocated and are no longer attending that church (boohoo), I was extremely interested in participating in this devotion series again.

This time, however, it's a little different. We are being instructed to give up one thing for the 40 days. After much thought, and honestly a little hesitation, I made the decision to give up the internet. For those of you that know me well, you know this is a BIG sacrifice. The internet is my connection to the outside world. During the times that I didn't have internet access, I felt disconnected and well, frankly I didn't know what to do with myself. Terrible, huh? But that's precisely the reason I knew I had to give it up for 40 days. I need to spend more time focusing on God, prayer, reading my Bible and nurturing my children; not spending every available minute doing one thing or another on the computer. So, there will be a lull in the blog posts for a little while. The devotion started February 21st and goes through March 28th.

Don't fret though! I will be here, continuing to snap pictures of the kids, play and learn with Photoshop and hopefully get a bunch of scrapbooking done. And of course, I will be spending a lot of time in prayer---every time I think of the internet and my lack thereof, I will pray. I will pray for myself and my family, as well as the people I communicate with using the internet. That's you! I will return at the end of March (hopefully) rejuvenated and satisfied with my progress in my relationship with Christ.

Here's to no internet!!



p.s. Check out the website HERE to get the details on this journey. And prayers for me would be appreciated as well. :) Thanks!

p.p.s. If you haven't figured it out already, the few posts before this that posted after February 21st, and including this post, were scheduled to be posted ahead of time...when I still had connection to the outside world. :)

No comments: